Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My english paper over rape....?

so i am writing a paper in my ap english class over something that changed your life, and i chose the time i got raped. its hard for me to write about but my teacher said that writing can help you overcome your emotional stress. i really want to put it into allegory form but i dont know how... could you help? let me tell you my story first.





So i was going out with this guy for about 3 months, and he beat me, all the time, but i was always to scared to brake up with him... and one day he came over to watch movies and as we were laying on my couch, i was getting up to get a drink, and he grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the couch, me expecting the worst asked what he was doing, he said nothing in a sarcastic tone and let me free, once again i tried to get up but this time he grabbed my arm, pulled me back onto the couch, and pinned me down under his body, (he was a pretty big guy), and he started hitting me as if i was some kind of pinata, i could feel the color change on my skin creep up forming bruises on my face, ribs, arms... i felt a hot liquid run down my lips, blood. i started screaming but no one was home... then, he rapped me.


I FINALLY broke up with him and now have a boyfriend that i am planning on marrying, and we have been together for a little over 6 months. please help me get started with this paper. thanks in advance!My english paper over rape....?
So it's basically a comparison/contrast paper? I just wrote one about a tough time in my life, so it can be difficult to write at first- but its incredibly therapeutic.





Describe yourself before and the rape: in a horrible, abusive relationship to a healthy one; personality change?, perhaps your trust in people was affected? Did you gain something (inner strength, self-confidence, courage to leave your ex) as a result of the experience? You can do this ';point-by point'; (before, after, before, after, etc.) and emphatically.My english paper over rape....?
I don't know about allegory form, but if it's hard to write it, maybe you could write it in the third person. As if you were telling a story about a girl getting raped... A girl with a different name, etc.





You seem to be a really vivid writer. I'm so sorry that terrible trauma happened to you, and I'm very glad you found real love.





People need to know that rape happens even when the two people are dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment