Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Whats a nice way to tell a friend they cannot live with you ?

Ok so you know when a friend gets kicked out of their house or a boyfriend or girlfriends house and they want to come live with you until they get a new home ..... well I never was big on that , one of my friends stayed with me once after her mother passed away , which is exceptional.. but even still we would not get along it wasn't going well so she went to stay with her family until she moved into her apartment .





Which I think was a good idea because I really need my space sometimes I never would have a roommate or anything like that just because being around my ';friends'; for too long kind of drives me crazy ......I like my time to go do my own thing , without some one telling me how or why I shouldn't be doing it .....aka picking at how I live my life ...plus I like to sleep in and just I know when guest stay you kind of cant do your normal day to day schedule and that bothers me ....it might sound rude but my my mothers never actually let me have friends live with me unless it was a crisis or something big , and I never have minded that rule simply because I do need my space, plus my sisters come visit us and stay over night with their kids n families so there is not enough room in the house for extra guest ....and you see just last night my friend calls me up and is like me and my boyfriend are braking up and I cannot afford the rent by myself since hes leaving ,, can I live at your house and help pay for rent and groceries until I find a place to live and I know with her that could be like 2 to 3 months which I cannot handle .......so how can I simply say Im sorry but it wont work out without sounding too harsh ?





I was sort of mad too when she asked because she did not even take the time to know this guy before they moved in together they dated for maybe a month before they lived together and she always expects people to pick up the pieces of her un lady like ways with men lol ....anyways pleaseee help me think of what to say to her without sounding too rude .





Bottom line ...I do not live with friends because it can get a little too personal I find its just a good way to mess of a friendship if you ask me but that's just my opinion ...I know some people think its rude but every one is different !Whats a nice way to tell a friend they cannot live with you ?
Never let a friend move in with you.


I feel as though your friend should have had some funds stashed away for times like these.


Never get too comfortable with a person when shacking up, especially when you've only known this person for less than a year.


Why can't she go back where she came from before moving in with the boyfriend?


Simply tell your friend the truth. There is no reason to lie about the situation.


Maybe you should say something like '; I value our friendship too much to let you move in with me, besides my family visits with me often and there just isn't enough room for everyone, I'm sorry';.Whats a nice way to tell a friend they cannot live with you ?
I have the same problem, it is hard to say no sometime. I moved into a small apt. ant i tell everyone i don't have the room. I still have some say to me we can still fit in together, so i just laugh at them and change the subject.There is one thing that is almost as bad as that, that is the pop in. These people just show up at any time of day and expect you to entertain them, I feel your pain. ';good luck';
Just tell her that we are friends and I am afraid that if we live togather it will put a strain on our friend ship and we may end up haiting each other. I would not want that to happen, so I do not think it would be a good idea. If she gets mad over that it is her problem and not yours. You have been honest about it and she should apericate your honesty. Good Luck
It is very simple and tell yu friend that one of yu sister from far away place is going to join yu family for 6 months as her husband has gone transfer to another country and hence it is not possible to accomodate yu as there is no space for my own sister and children.Tell her sorry and ask her to find out with some other friends or relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment