Friday, August 20, 2010

I need help from a Jehovah's Witness?

I have a problem. I am dating a brother in secret. The elders from his hall know we are dating, but I'm in a different cong, and no one on my side knows, not even my parents. The brother I am in love with does not want to keep hiding our relationship, he has talked to my parents twice to tell them he wants to have a formal relationship with me and my dad says NO. I feel depressed, I don't want to brake up with this brother, I'm in love, and I feel my parents are too hard on me. They don't let me go to social gatherings because they think he will be there. Because of that the young people in my cong. think I'm weird, I don't have close friends, that is why I am writing my problems on the internet. But I'm scared I don't know what to do. My bf wants to get married, he tells me that I need to tell my parents what I feel for him, but it is so hard for me to be straight foward with my parents they don't give me confidence. I feel with the things they say and do they are just pushing me far away from having a close relationship with them. And it makes feel like running away. I feel like telling my bf I want to get married and run away. But I know it's not a good idea, we are not worldly people. But I don't know what to do. What is your advice? Should I get married and run away. I am an adult over 23 yrs of age. I have a good job, I can sustain myself. I just hate that my parents wont let me date. They never even ask me who do I like, or if I want to get married. Other sisters from my hall will ask me those things. But I feel my parents too distant from me. What do I do? I feel dumb telling them how I feel about the brother I am dating. It will just make them mad. Help me please. I dont want to be a bad, disobedient daughter by running away without telling them anything, and imagine the scandal it will be in the cong. and the rep I will make for myself and my family, and the remorse regret I will feel,and hurting my parents. What should I do? I don't want to break up with my bf, I love him, and he loves me. The elders in his hall don't disapprove of us wanting to get married. What do I do? Who should I chose? My parents or my boyfriend?I need help from a Jehovah's Witness?
something is not right with this story.





If your bf and you are both spiritually strong there has to be another reason your parents are against it.





Does he serve Jehovah as he should?


Does he have a bad reputation?


Does he hit or shout at you?


Does he work to support a wife?





Talk to your parents asap...tell them what you told us....and pray that you do it Jehovah's way.





If everything goes well and it is in the open....everyone will be happy for you and give you a big shower and help you with your wedding.





If you sneak off everyone will talk bad about you like you did something wrong.I need help from a Jehovah's Witness?
sorry, I'm not a JW but I am studying the bible with a brother that's become a close friend.





I think that you should pray to Jehovah for guidance.





you will be in my prayers.
you're choose your boyfriend. I'm sure your parents will get over it. they need to realize that you're an adult, not some silly teenager who thinks she's found love.
chose


your parents





'cause


if you really


loved your


boyfriend


your choice


would be clear


to you
What, are you an idiot?





You are 23. Do what you want. Screw your parents and the elders.
O_+ break free from the cult and live your life
First of all, Jehovah's Witness is a cult. They are false prophets. I think you need Jesus Christ!!
I am not a JW but I think that is sound advice from Ethan Rae - esp if you want to remain in the WT organisation.





My own personal advice though would be to get out of the JWs asap by the way!





x
Sister, I cannot give you my opinion, but it looks like you can either: a) End your relationship with the brother to please your parents b) Move out and make your own decisions ...you know, it makes me wonder...what you your parents have against him? I'm fairly sure they aren't keeping you from him because they hate you...im sure they love you and want the best for you. Is there something that they are seeing that you may not see? Please make this a matter of prayer and may Jehovah be with you.
Dude. Do what you want to do. They're nothing wrong with being Jehovah's Witness. But they're is something seriously wrong with being 23 and not being able to date who you want to date. If you're in love and you think it could last an eternity, then choose the boyfriends, hands down. But if not, stick to what you know, and who you KNOW will love you eternally no matter what, then go with the parents. Tell your parents how you really feel.


BUT, if you brake up with this boyfriend, odds are, there will be another one someday, and the SAME thing could happen. So if I we're you I would face the music now, Marry the guy, let your parents know you love them and let them know how you feel about they're over-control and just be happy. Do what makes you happy. And I'm pretty sure that would be being with this guy forever.
Well I am not Jehova Witness, I am the one true religion:Christian.The law says that you must be 18 or up to get married.The law also states that you are free to make your own choices by the age of 18.So its your choice.Your parents can no longer tell you what to do even if you live with them or not.But don't run away!Do you think he Lord wants you to do that?Think about what Jesus would do.By the way-This doesn't have anyway to do with the topic but don't try to get help from Jehova Witness people!They don't speak of the truth.Besides, you are NOT supposed to call God Jehova.That is a name written by mankind.And Jehova Witness don't give but they love to receive right?The bible says to not misuse the name of the Lord.In this case it is the same thing.Because if you call him ';Jehova'; people will think that God is not that powerful although he is because that name was made by mankind and not the Lord himself.God Bless you and I suggest going to a Christian Church.Please answer back in your Question to tell me what you think,any statements,or questions or anything else.I want to help you with your problem as much as possible.Or PM me.
Why all the secrecy? Make above board and be done with it.


Letters - parents - elders - congregation this and that, what is the judgmentalism on the guy? You do know this is not normal or right but if you grew up JW then you may not know that this is nuts.
I was very surprised to read your age. Frankly your post seems very immature.





If you are indeed 23 (and not 14) you would be mature enough to sit down with your parents and have a frank open discussion and make an HONEST decision being willing to live by the consequences of that decision. That is what a WOMAN would do. Possibly you are in a country/culture where parents generally chose their children's partners or possibly your parents are not Jehovah's Witnesses... I am simply confused as to why a mature christian sister would chose to go the way of deception to avoid confrontation. How does that work without resorting to lying on occasion? Why at 23 have you and your parents have so little trust in your relationship?





You parents have much more experience than you, so you should first give them the honour of HEARING what their objections are. You don't mention why they object (possibly he is not long in the truth, has a history of drug or alcohol abuse, is suffering from some sexually transmittable disease...). Consider carefully what they say, along with others that know you both like the elders and then, as a mature woman, make your decision.





If you chose this man, your life may change and you may lose the support of your father. If you chose you family you may not be able to pursue this particular relationship. Either way you will survive but what you WON'T survive without is Jehovah's blessings and Jehovah does not bless liars or decievers.





There is nothing wrong with initiating a relationship discretely, but there is a difference between discretion and deception. Act your age!
Break up with your parents.





Better yet, have you and your boyfriend leave that wacky cult.





http://www.exjws.net/





%26gt;But I know it's not a good idea, we are not worldly people.


It's the best idea you could ever have.
You aren't doing anything wrong. You aren't even under your parents anymore.





You're baptized and over 18, making you an adult by law and by the Bible.





If you want to date the brother publicly, then you should. I know you want your parents' respect, but it's time for them to respect you. You're a full grown woman who wants to start her own life.





You've been a great daughter- caring, loving, and kind- now it's your parents' turn to show their understanding and appreciation for you.





First, I would talk to the elders in your hall and tell them your problem. They would be more than happy to help you speak to your parents about it. (It's always hard for parents to let their children start dating, especially as Jehovah's Witnesses because families are so close.)





Second, you should talk to your boyfriend about what might happen if your parents don't agree with you and make you leave the house. It would be a bad situation, but if you would need temporary support from him, you should get it set up.





Naturally, though, if you spoke to the elders in your congregation, or even wrote a letter to them, and you talked to your parents together, they wouldn't have a problem with it. Your parents love you and want to support you- I know it.





I don't think you really have anything to worry about. :D It's just time for you to start your own life. It's always a turning point, but it seems to be time for you.
IM SO SORRY YOU ARE A JW........





YOU ARE 23 AND EVERYONE IS RUNNING YOUR LIFE ????





I LEFT WHEN I WAS 21 AND AM GLAD I DID........I GOT A COLLEGE DEGREE AND NOW AT 52 I AM RETIRED AND OWN A HOUSE THREE DOORS FROM A LAKE............





IF I STAYED A JW.......I KNOW I WOULD BE HOMELESS OF STILL LIVING IN MY INSANE PARENTS HOUSE LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE..........





SO ........MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LIVE YOUR LIFE..........





IF THEY ELDERS DONT LIKE IT..........IT IS THEIR PROBLEM...............





IF YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS WOULD THINK......YOU WILL GET NOTHING YOU WANT OR NEED IN YOUR LIFE.........





THIS IS ABOUT YOU................
You're 23. If he is within your religion and apparently an alright guy, I don't see why your parents would disapprove. Tell them how you feel. You are a GROWN woman, you should be able to handle this situation and make your own decisions.





Also, move out already.
Candy, 2 questions come to mind as I read your story. 1. Do you know WHY your parents are against this brother? Have you talked to them about their feelings? 2. You are an adult and can make your own decisions. I gather that you still live at home with your parents? If this is the case, then obviously, you own them respect, but at the same time, if there is nothing wrong with this brother and they are just trying to keep you for themselves, then you can respectfully say that you are in love with this man and he with you and his congregation think it wonderful, so you are going to get married. You would dearly love their permission, but if they do not give it, it cannot make a difference to you getting married!





You know, being a young woman over the age of 18 gives you certain rights.
You are 23 Grow up. If you can not make your own decisions then you are too immature to be someones wife. Marry your man leave the cult have baby's and be happy or live with your parents forever and be their child
tl;dr

No comments:

Post a Comment